Thursday, March 26, 2015

A New Beginning...but it comes with a disclaimer.

March 26, 2015

This is the first post I have made to this blog in more than 5 yrs.  I quit a long time ago because I got to a point in my life (after a horrendously hard couple of years and finally leaving the realm of professional student ministry) that I didn't believe my words mattered to anyone anymore.  I had lost my faith.  Not my faith in Jesus.  Jesus and I were never really at odds.  I had lost my faith in The Church and particularly in Christians.  And truthfully, I still struggle with Christians.

But that is not what this post or this blog is particularly about.  However, I will be challenging the beliefs and thoughts of many I'm sure.  I will be challenging readers thoughts not only of their own faith and beliefs but most likely what readers think I believe.  But what I believe personally is not up for discussion or debate.  I'm here to challenge you, the reader, in what you think you believe and what you think about your faith.

If you are a person easily offended by contrary, contrasting, and controversial thoughts about the Christian faith and/or The Church, I ask you to think, think hard, take time and digest what you might read here...and especially before you speak or try to defend God or what you think you believe.  If you feel as if you need to comment, do it with the utmost respect and decorum.

One last thing before I go and begin this renewed journey.  I leave you with this thought:


If you feel as if you need to defend God or even what you believe about God, then you are worshiping the wrong God.

No comments:

Post a Comment